Log in

No account? Create an account
Ringing in the New Year... 
2nd-Jan-2010 08:07 pm

<Sigh> I've just had a pretty sucky New Year's Night.

My daughter, who had gone fishing with her BF and his mate, rang me to ask what the symptoms were for a burst ovarian cyst (she's had these over a number of years).

I rang her back with a list and told her she should get it checked out at a hospital.

Well, she proceeded to do just that – attending ER at Liverpool Hospital in western Sydney – not knowing that there was only one doctor on duty and a full waiting room (and they'd had a number of sick babies/young children in).

She rang me sometime after 11.00 pm and asked if Alex could come home and I could come back to sit with her.  She'd already been triaged and was waiting to have blood taken for testing and to see a doctor by then.  Well, the nurse took blood sometime after 1.00 am.  We didn't get to see a doctor until sometime after 4.00 am – diagnosis of gastritis as a result of stress.  Sent home with a sample size blister-pack of meds and a script for more and told to see her GP.

We got home at about 5.10 am.  So much for me wanting an early night…

I then had to wake up and ring her work just after 7.00 am and let them know she wouldn't be in but that she had a medical certificate.  And I had to be up just after nine to do my usual Saturday stuff.

I tried to take a nap this afternoon – managed to persuade my body that an hour was good but it wouldn't let me take more <another sigh>.  I'm currently trying to stay awake until about 9.30 and go to bed then in the hope of actually sleeping past 4.00 am tomorrow (which is when I've been mostly waking up for the last 2-3 months.

Right now, I feel like roadkill, needless to say…

And to cap it all off, LJ won't let me post this with a cut!!

(Deleted comment)
2nd-Jan-2010 08:33 pm (UTC)
Yeah, stress was all they could come up with. The ER Doc wants her to see her GP in about a week or so.
This page was loaded Jul 18th 2019, 5:44 am GMT.